Praise the Lord, O My Soul - PB#55
In the midst of the trials and testing times, we need to praise God more. I have found Psalm 103 really encouraging today. Many of the Psalms were written in times of great uncertainty. They express the full range of human emotion and through it all the praises of God ring loud and clear.
Psalm 103 contains so much about who our Father is. It would be good to remind ourselves of these unalterable truths and even declare them out loud. Here a few lines that strike a chord with the Lord's Prayer that we are praying together.
13. As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on his faithful followers.
19a. The Lord has established his throne in heaven;
1. Praise the Lord, O my soul. With all that is within me, praise his holy name.
19b. his kingdom extends over everything.
21. Praise the Lord, all you warriors of his, you servants of his who carry out his desires.
20. Praise the Lord, you angels of his, you powerful warriors who carry out his decrees
and obey his orders.
5. who satisfies your life with good things, so your youth is renewed like an eagle’s.
3. He is the one who forgives all your sins, who heals all your diseases,
8. The Lord is compassionate and merciful;
4. who delivers your life from the Pit,
This Week's Prayer Points
Catch up on Sunday's message
Below, I have put together some study question from the message. Do them at home and with your Triad. On Thursday evening I will host a Zoom meeting for all those that want to study the questions in a larger group. You will have a chance to ask your own questions that come up from your study. It would be great if some of our overseas friends could join us for that.
1. Why does "Give us our daily bread" come before "Forgive us our sins"?
2. Give a personal example of when you sensed you were "out of fellowship" with the Lord. Or, the difference you felt before you became a Christian and afterward.
3. Do you stop being a child of God when you sin?
4. What is the difference between conviction and condemnation?
5. Give a personal example of both.
6. Confession aligns our _____ with the _____ of God.
7. Give a definition of confession.
8. Explain the difference between Godly sorrow and worldly sorrow.
9. Godly Sorrow brings our _____ in line with the _____ of God.
10. In Luke 24:47, repentance comes before what?
11. Repentance is the aligning of our _____ with the _____ of God.
12. What does the Psalmist mean when he says, our sins are removed from us as far as the east is from the west? Ps. 103:12.
13. What do you need to forgive yourself for?
14. Cleansing is just for our conscience. True or false?
15. The Lord's Prayer is also a prayer for revival. What is revival, and how should we pray for our city and loved ones?